The Chumps of Choice

A Congenial Spot for the Discussion of Against the Day, by Thomas Ruggles Pynchon, Cornell '59, and Any Other Damned Thing That Comes Into Our Heads. Warning: Grad Students and Willie-Wavers will be mocked.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Administrivia II

Just so's we're all clear...

The festivities begin next Monday, December 11, with pages 1-25 of The Tome.

I will post a reasonably short (maybe even necessarily short) precis of those pages, with some Obs and Queries to spark discussion. Feel free to jump in any time before that, of course -- we've already had some, er, frank exchanges of views in Comments so far.

Thanks to all who have volunteered for Moderator duties. The first thing you need to do, if you haven't already, is get a Blogger account so I can send you an invitation to activate your posting privileges. When you have your account, please email me (the address is in the right column). Let me know your Blogger handle, too, and what name you'd like to use -- they don't have to be the same thing.

UglyEditor, I don't have an email address for you -- can you zip that to me offline, please?

In re. Comments, I hate the Comments Moderation thing as much as you do, believe me. I haven't seen Creepy McChestpounder back in the server logs since yesterday afternoon, so I hope he's gone on to bigger and better things.

(His ranting did have one salutary effect: Somewhere in the middle of the Recent Unpleasantness, the thought occurred, "A-screaming, comes across this guy." Thank you, thank you, your polite yet awed salon applause is humbling.)

Further on the matter of Comments: While we're in Comment Mod. Lockdown, if something you posted does not appear within an hour or so (and allowing for the fact that Mod. Boy is a diurnal creature), please ping me at the address posted and I'll try to see what's up. I'm letting anything through as long as it isn't...Well. You know. But I don't trust Blogger as far as I can Flogger (stop! I'm killing you!) and the sooner we can get out of Lockdown the happier I'll be.

That is all.

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, December 06, 2006 10:32:00 AM, Blogger Will Divide said...

"A-screaming, comes across this guy."

And a fine coffee aerosol has just settled on the Zone next to my desk, launched bi-labially and with no small force, by powers beyond my simple comprehension, smart guy.

 
At Wednesday, July 04, 2018 11:29:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

qzz0705
coach outlet
kate spade outlet
adidas nmd
nets jerseys
uggs
air max 97
ugg boots
michael kors
ugg outlet
fitflops

 
At Sunday, May 19, 2019 9:13:00 PM, Blogger yanmaneee said...

kd 10
lacoste outlet
nike sneakers
mbt
cheap jordans
timberland outlet
balenciaga
yeezy boost
nike air max 270
balenciaga sneakers

 
At Monday, June 10, 2019 11:35:00 PM, Anonymous Obat Benjolan di Ketiak said...

The article is very interesting. And I also want to share articles about health, I'm sure this will be useful. Read and share it. Thank you very much :)

Khasiat dan manfaat QnC Jelly Gamat

Solusi Sehat Alami
Jamu Tradisional Penyubur Kandungan/Herbal Khusus Wanita
Manfaat Walatra Habbaza Softgel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home