The Chumps of Choice

A Congenial Spot for the Discussion of Against the Day, by Thomas Ruggles Pynchon, Cornell '59, and Any Other Damned Thing That Comes Into Our Heads. Warning: Grad Students and Willie-Wavers will be mocked.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

There Goes the Neighborhood

We note with no small degree of trepidation that The Chumps of Choice has been listed in among the "Offsite Resources" at Spermatikos Logos, the Pynchon section of The Modern Word website.

Crap, now we're all gonna have to wear bowties....

4 Comments:

At Thursday, December 07, 2006 9:24:00 PM, Blogger Wren said...

I have one! I have a bowtie! Serendipitous world -- I just found it yesterday at the bottom of a box I hadn't looked in for 15 years. Belonged to the ex. It's a CLIP ON!

If necessary, I'll share.

 
At Friday, December 08, 2006 4:49:00 AM, Blogger Lance Mannion said...

NJ: Crap, now we're all gonna have to wear bowties....

Don't we all anyway? I know I do. Ok, so it lights up and spins...

 
At Friday, December 08, 2006 8:56:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What, you didn't mean just bowties? Oh. Scuse me while I -- pardon me, miss. Can I just borrow someone's hat?...

 
At Tuesday, February 13, 2007 2:51:00 AM, Blogger kirkmc said...

Yes, that's where I found out about this blog/group reading.

Howdy, all. I'm joining late, having finally gotten around to getting my AtD. I don't know how the comments work in the RSS feed - whether posts show up anew when additional comments are posted - so I'll try here and see. A brief intro: I've read much of Pynchon, and I especially like Big Books with Lots of Interesting Ideas. I'm a big fan of Joyce, and have actually read Finnegans Wake (twice), though I can't say I understood it.

I'll be trying to catch up over the next few weeks, since you've all cleared much of the early ground for me. Glad to have you all here for help!

Kirk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home